Friday, April 3, 2009

Sunday Special

In the picture above you can see a woman sitting in front of a roasted corn. Waiting eagerly for a customer to come and buy her corn. I was shocked to see her doing business on Sunday. Everybody stays home as the town committee has made a law that all the shops should be close on Sunday. I thought, ‘she is wasting her time waiting for a customer’ as majority people in this state are Christian. They go to church on Sunday and others stay home and rest. Of course, I felt sad for her that is another thing. Mother is the neck of the family, which is the reason she is sitting there to do business. She has one daughter and a husband who work as a rickshaw (tricycle) puller.

In the other side of the town, Raju, an eight year boy is enjoying his Lunch (roasted corn).He takes care of himself. Monday to Sunday, he goes wherever he wants (except school) and eats whatever he earns. At that moment I realized, why that woman was waiting so willingly for a customer?

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in." Matthew 25:35 (NIV)












No comments:

Post a Comment